Central Student Registration

Home / Central Student Registration

Central Student Registration

Kindergarten has it’s own page!  Please click this link to visit our Kindergarten Page


Student Withdrawals:

If you have moved or will be transferring your child to another public, private or charter school, please contact the Main Office at your child’s school to withdraw your child:

NHS Guidance Office: (413) 587-1353    JFK Middle School (413) 587-1476

Finn Ryan Rd (413) 587-1550   Jackson Street (413) 587-1510   Bridge Street (413) 587-1461    Leeds School (413) 587-1530

All School Property needs to be retured to the school including Chromebooks (with chargers), library or text books and/or other school property. The Release or Transfer of School Records Form below can be filled out by a parent to include the NEW School Information in the Center (with fax/phone). When complete please send to the Northampton School your student attended. This will allow us to withdraw your student and send records. This process can also happen in reverse where you fill out a similar form with the new school district and they send that form to us. Please call the school office to confirm we have your request.


To Use Fillable Form – Click on button, then DOWNLOAD to your desktop, THEN Open (in a fillable format)

THEN fill out and lastly  ‘save as’ and rename the file and return it to us as an email attachment.

Change of Addresses:

If you have moved within the school district (Northampton, Leeds or Florence) please contact your child’s school to report the new address and provide proof of residency. Please review the attached form for additional information. MA Public School attendance is based on where a student actually resides and only resident students are able to attend (unless previously approved for school choice through the application and lottery process). If you have moved to another community, please contact the school about how to withdraw your student and request that records are sent to the new school (including special education files).

To Use Fillable Form – Click on button, then DOWNLOAD to your desktop, THEN Open (in a fillable format)

THEN fill out and lastly  ‘save as’ and rename the file and return it to us as an email attachment.

Northampton Public Schools has Central Registration where ALL Students Grades PK-12th Grade enroll in the same location.

There are forms packets specific to different grades. ALL Forms and supporting documents should be submitted to the Central Registration Office. Located in the Northampton Public School Administrative Office in downtown Northampton in the Municipal Building behind City Hall at 212 Main Street on the 2nd Floor.  There is ample parking in the rear of the building by the Peter Pan Bus Terminal/Round House Plaza. Our building is also close to the PVTA bus dropoff in front of the Academy of Music.

(413) 587-1328            Hours: 8:30am-3:30pm

Registration Procedure

  • Determine which school your child will attend based on your home address – Student School Assignment Page
  • Download the Registration Forms (bottom of page)
  • Gather the required documentation (see list below)
  • Contact the Registrar via phone (preferable) or Email to discuss your incoming student and next steps (Jennifer (413) 587-1328) or registrar@northampton-k12.us
  • A child may be enrolled by a parent, foster parent, caseworker, or court-appointed legal guardian
  • For families relocating to Northampton, enrollment is open and ongoing, there is no deadline to enroll your student
  • Students in Grades 6-8 will need to meet with their guidance counselors prior to starting school. Please visit the JFK Guidance Page for additional information.
  • Students in Grades 9 – 12 will need to meet with their counselor prior to starting school to select appropriate courses.

For immediate enrollment during the curent school year, we require that you meet with the registrar to review and process your student’s registration.

For families enrolling for next fall you have the option to email the packet by following the instruction below OR mailing the packet to the address on the forms and shown above. Any original documents will be mailed back to you once they are processed.

HOW TO COMPLETE THE FORMS: Open the attached file then DOWNLOAD and SAVE to your desktop. Then you can open it to enter your and your student’s information. When complete, “Save As” (Not Save) and rename the document to your child’s name (or print to pdf and rename). The source file is protected so it stays blank.   If you prefer to fill it out by hand, you can print it first. Forms seem not to be MAC compatible. Paper forms can be mailed to your home – please email to request:  registrar@northampton-k12.us

HOW TO PROCESS DOCUMENTS:  Scan documents, or download as pdf’s (‘print to pdf’). Examples: for health records, utility bill etc.

TO SCAN USING SMARTPHONE: Use a Smartphone’s Notes App: Create a ‘new note’, Tap the camera icon, select ‘scan document’. Place the document on a flat, well lit surface and hold the camera directly above to automatically pick up the corners. Additional pages can be added, then ‘save as’ (child’s name) and email it to me directly from the app. Tap the three little dots in upper corner, ‘send a copy’, then pick ‘email’.


Northampton Public Schools, Jennifer Towler (Municipal Building)
212 Main Street, Room 200 (2nd Floor)
Northampton, MA 01060 
Phone:  (413) 587-1328  FAX: (413) 587-1318

DROP-OFF OPTION:  Call me at (413) 587-1328 to make sure I am here. My core office hours are 8:30am-3:30pm M-F .


  1. Student’s Birth Certificate (certified document -not hospital record)
  2. Physical Exam Summary with Immunizations from the last check-up (within the past 18 months)
  3. Photo ID of Parent(s)/Legal Guardians
  4. Proof of residency: Lease, Section 8 agreement, or deed/recent mortgage statement/property tax card (http://northampton.ias-clt.com/parcel.list.php)
  5. Proof of occupancy: recent utility bill for gas, heating oil, electric, home phone, cable, or trash. If your lease includes utilities, please provide your car registration or insurance, or the top portion of a bank or credit card statement showing your name/address.
  6. For High School Students enrolling during the school year: an unofficial transcript showing current courses and grades
  7. If applicable: Records: 504 Plans and/or Individual Education Plans (faxed to # on form or mailed) Scanned and emailed if available
  8. If applicable: any court documents such as parents’ custody agreement, legal guardianship, DCF Care, Legal name change, etc.

If you are unable to acquire any of these items due to your circumstances, please contact the Registrar for additional support and assistance.

Busing Information and Timeline

  1. Parents of eligible students fill out the annual bus form at the time of enrollment
  2. Students who live over 2 miles from school and in Grades K-6 receiving busing at no cost per state regulation (form required)
  3. Students who live 1.5-1.99 miles can opt to pay for busing: Annual Fee: $230/elem and $309/middle or high school – trimester payments available; fee waiver available qualifing low income students.
  4. Application Deadline is early August (new students enrolled after this date should still apply). Late Fee for all returning students. Application process closes completly (August 19th) with no additional passes being processed approx. 2 weeks before the start of school.