Facilities Request FAQ

Home / Facilities Request FAQ


What is the process for requesting facility use?

To request the use of facilities, you will need to submit a request for use via our online request system. Please click here for instructions.

NOTE: Events with over 100 people require special crowd manager training. Please see below for crowd manager FAQ.

A crowd manager is needed in facilities that feature entertainment by live band or recorded music generating above normal sound levels and which have a specific area designated for dancing. Schools might need a trained crowd manager on – duty when holding school dances. To be sure, discuss this with your local fire department early in the school year. For more information on crowd manager requirements or to take the online training program, please go to www.mass.gov/dfs.