Principal Madden’s Weekly Update—Week of September 17
Grow Food Northampton right here at Ryan Road!
Do you want to get fresh Crimson and Clover vegetables every Thursday through mid-November? Check out the attached flyer for more information! Or, check in at the vegetable stand this Thursday at dismissal! Michael from Grow Food will be there to answer any questions you may have!
We still need two new parent School Council members.
If you are interested, please let Principal, Sarah Madden, know.
The photos this week show some kindergarten fun rolling down our hill on the way back from a forest walk, our kindergarten welcome board (very creative!), second graders completing a math project, and Ed Pop performing for our students at our Ice Cream Social and first PTO meeting. Fun times!
Here is a Family Resource from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE):
- Family-friendly guides to the standards for each grade level—available in English, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Chinese (simplified characters)—are designed to help schools and families work together to support students’ progress toward mastery of the recently revised English language arts/literacy, math, and science and technology/engineering standards. The guides were developed with support from the Massachusetts Parent-Teacher Organization, and they will be expanded to include the 2018 history and social science standards in 2019.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Friday, September 21 Autumnal Equinox Celebration (we’ll need apple donations)
- Carnival! September 23. The District Elementary Schools will sponsor a collaborative carnival this year at JFK 12-4.
- Tuesday, September 25: School Photo Day
- Wednesday, October 3:
- Early Dismissal (12:20)
- Open House (6-7)
- Title 1 Annual Meeting (5:30-6:00)
- PTO Scholastic Book Fair (5:30-7:30)
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal