Teachers are looking forward to meeting with parents during this upcoming week. Every day this week is an early release day for students with a 12:20 dismissal. Thank you to parents who signed up for a conference during Open House. If you were not able to make an appointment, please call the school office. Evening conferences are available from 6-8 on Tuesday and Thursday of that week. Thank you!
The photos this week show one of my favorite traditions here at Ryan Road School—kindergarten/4th grade Learning buddies! Another photo highlights our new yoga program being offered by yoga instructor, Beth Tascione. She is working with our kindergarten, first grade, third grade, and fifth grade students this year. This opportunity is made possible with a family donation! The last photo shows some self-portraits by 5th graders. Our art teacher, Lesley Macutkiewicz helps our students grow creatively with many interesting projects. She is also very good about putting up student artwork around the building. Check some out when you are here for conferences.
Please Participate in the District Review Parent Survey
The Northampton Public School District is scheduled to participate in a District Review this year. The Office of District Reviews and Monitoring (ODRM) at the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (ESE) conducts district reviews on a regular basis to provide all districts with an assessment of district systems, enabling district leaders to reflect on progress and strengthen performance.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Week of October 22-26: Parent Conference Week—Early dismissal (12:20) every day that week.
- Friday, October 26, 6:00-8:00: PTO Halloween Party
- Tuesday, November 6: Election Day. No school for students (Teacher Work Day)
- Tuesday, November 6: Our 5th graders leave for 4 days and 3 nights to Nature’s Classroom in Becket, MA! They will return on Friday, November 9 (tired but happy!)
- Monday, November 12: No school for students (Veterans Day Observed)
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal