Photos this week show our fabulous kindergarten students at the end of their fun Halloween Parade at school.
Also, some of our 4th grade students are seen playing the recorder in music class.
Other 4th graders are seen proudly showing their creation of a flashlight. You cannot quite see that it is shining in the photo, but I can assure it was. Cheers to the great scientists!
The last photo shows part of a letter game that Ms. Minton had kindergarten students playing. Students have words at cones and work as a team to find the letters on the gym floor and quickly get them back to the cone to create a word. It is a wonderful way to integrate health and reading!
There is always a lot of wonderful learning happening here at school!
Can anyone help us finish up shoveling stone into our garden from the pile?
If so, please give us a call and come by with a shovel on Friday, November 2 at 2:00 (postponed because of the rain last week).
Important Upcoming Dates
- Tuesday, November 6: Election Day. No school for students (Teacher Work Day). Our PTO holds a bake sale on Election Day. Grab something yummy when you come to vote! Also, donate something if you can. Thank you!
- Tuesday, November 6: Our 5th graders leave for 4 days and 3 nights to Nature’s Classroom in Becket, MA! They will return on Friday, November 9 (tired but happy!)
- Monday, November 12: No school for students (Veterans Day Observed)
- Wednesday, November 14 at 6:30: PTO Meeting
- Friday, November 16: Photo Re-take Day
- Friday, November 16: Movie Night at school!
- Wednesday November 21: Early dismissal (12:20) for the Thanksgiving break
- Thursday, November 22 & 23: No School—Thanksgiving holiday
- December 5: Early Dismissal (12:20) for Teacher Work Day
- December 21: Winter Solstice and last day of school before the holiday break
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal