Principal Madden’s Weekly Update—Week of November 13
It was exciting to see and hear our 5th graders returning on the bus from Nature’s Classroom on Friday afternoon! They could be heard singing out the bus windows all the way down Ryan Road. The trip was a big success! I included a photo of the return! This trip is such a wonderful opportunity for our students to actively learn in the outdoors, and it is a significant rite of passage here at school.
Another photo shows our last day in the garden until spring. It’s good we have hard-working shovelers! Speaking of shovelers, thank you to Brett Constantine and Christine Martin for their help shoveling stone on Friday!
Other photos show third graders in yoga class. Yoga has been a very positive addition to our Fridays for many of our classes, thanks to a family donation. Ms. Beth (Tascione), the instructor, does a wonderful job with our students.
Last week, we had kale and apple salad for the first time in our cafeteria. It was delicious, and I included a photo so you could see how fresh and fabulous it looks. Our new food service director is trying to use local produce whenever possible.
Another photo shows one of our two volunteer Veterans, Gerard Simonette, reading with a student. We are lucky to have two outstanding Veterans volunteering weekly at our school. We honor them on Veterans Day and every other day, too!
Important Upcoming Dates
- Wednesday, November 14 at 6:30: PTO Meeting
- Friday, November 16: Photo Re-take Day
- Friday, November 16: Movie Night at school! The movie is Transylvania 3
- Wednesday November 21: Early dismissal (12:20) for the Thanksgiving break
- Thursday, November 22 & 23: No School—Thanksgiving holiday
- December 5: Early Dismissal (12:20) for Teacher Work Day
- December 21: Winter Solstice and last day of school before the holiday break
- January 2, 2019: Return to school
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal