We hope you can make it to our Memorial Day Celebration on Friday at 1:30.
Placement Plans for Next Year (final notice)
It is hard to believe that I am starting to think about the 2018-2019 school year, but I wanted to let you know that we will conduct the process of class placement similarly to the way we did the last several years. Class placement decisions will be made by the end of this school year, and your child’s teacher for next year will be communicated to you with his/her end of year report card. Also, we plan to have a brief gathering of next year’s classes and teachers on the last day of school. We have found that this process eliminates some of the summer anxiety that can occur by waiting until the end of the summer. I have received positive feedback about the process from students, teachers, and families.
I will be working carefully with teachers to create class groupings that work well together and build positive, productive learning communities. Families cannot select teachers, and I certainly hope that we will all work well together to ensure a good year ahead for all of our students. All of the teachers at our school are committed to developing positive relationships and nurturing academic success. However, if you feel that you have necessary information to share with me before this process begins, please do not hesitate to contact me by Friday, May 25.
Photos this week’s photos show learning buddies from 4th grade and kindergarten enjoying books together. This is such a wonderful tradition in our school.
Also, some of our kindergarten students are seen observing some creatures from the Vernal Pool on a recent trip into the woods.
Also, some of our 5th graders started a paper chain project. They got every student at school to put their name on a strip of paper and have plans to have it go all round the school hallway. They have been working on making it long enough at recess. Fun stuff from great leaders!
Other Important Upcoming Dates
- May 23 and 24: Kindergarten Buddy Days (we welcome new kindergarten students for a visit!)
- May 24 at 6:30: Talent Show (Auditions on May 21 at 6:00). Flyers were sent home, but you can contact Lauren Fleit with questions. email@example.com
- May 25 at 1:30: Memorial Day Celebration—Families and friends are welcome!
- June 8: Field Day
- June 8: Also, on Field Day, Lilian Valiunas (mother of Hudson in KS) will have another Ladies Clothing sale from 2-5 in the library. Come and get some nice deals!
- June 9: Car Wash Fundraiser for Nature’s Classroom at Webber and Grinnell from 10-2. Come get your car cleaned for a great cause!
- June 15 at 2:00: Celebrate Nature! Classroom exhibits showing some of our environmental work this year.
- June 19 at 1:30: 5th Grade Celebration
- June 20: Last Day of School with a 12:20 dismissal
I hope that all families feel welcome and comfortable at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal
“Walking Wednesdays” every Wednesday in May!
Call the school office if you need information.