Principal Madden’s Weekly Update—Week of May 20
Photos this week show shadow making a morning recess, our fabulous YEP play of Charlotte’s Web, our Student Leadership Team appreciation breakfast, starter plants in Ms. Desmond’s room (they are preparing plants for the garden), and Ms. Cleary’s class enjoying a taste of rhubarb on Friday. The last photo shows how we are preparing to welcome our new kindergarten students for Buddy Days this week!
No More Walking Wednesdays this year. Our teachers are not able to participate in Walking Wednesdays for the rest of this year, but hopefully, we’ll be back at it next May! Keep walking and biking with your children if you are able!
Important Upcoming Dates
• May 21 and 22: Kindergarten Buddy Days (we welcome new kindergarten students for a visit!)
• May 24 at 1:30: Memorial Day Program (all classes will present)
• May 27: Memorial Day Parade—Do you want to join us for marching?
- The parade will be starting at 10am, so you should get there by 9:30 or 9:45.
- The parade line up begins on Plymouth Avenue, and the route is up Main St. and around Park St. in Florence.
- We are at the end of Division 2, right after the Northampton Recreation Department. One of our parents will have our R.K. Finn Ryan Road School banner.
• May 29 5:30-7:00 Kindergarten Potluck (incoming and outgoing kindergarten families).
• June 7: Field Day
• June 12, 2:00-2:50: Celebrate Nature! We will have a celebration highlighting some of our environmental work collaborating with Mr. Ted from the Hitchcock Center. Please join us from 2:00-2:50 to see exhibits in classrooms!
• June 13 at 1:30: 5th Grade Celebration
• June 14: Last day of school! Early dismissal at 12:20
Our MCAS testing is finished for this year! Thank you for getting your children to school and on time on our testing days. Results will be sent home with parents next fall.
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal