Principal Madden’s Weekly Update—Week of May 14
Thank you, thank you for all of the appreciation sent to staff (in all the wonderful and various forms!) throughout last week!
Placement Plans for Next Year
It is hard to believe that I am starting to think about the 2018-2019 school year, but I wanted to let you know that we will conduct the process of class placement similarly to the way we did the last several years. Class placement decisions will be made by the end of this school year, and your child’s teacher for next year will be communicated to you with his/her end of year report card. Also, we plan to have a brief gathering of next year’s classes and teachers on the last day of school. We have found that this process eliminates some of the summer anxiety that can occur by waiting until the end of the summer. I have received positive feedback about the process from students, teachers, and families.
I will be working carefully with teachers to create class groupings that work well together and build positive, productive learning communities. Families cannot select teachers, and I certainly hope that we will all work well together to ensure a good year ahead for all of our students. All of the teachers at our school are committed to developing positive relationships and nurturing academic success. However, if you feel that you have necessary information to share with me before this process begins, please do not hesitate to contact me by Friday, May 25.
This week’s images show some 4th grade walkers participating in our recess Walking/Running Club.
Many children enjoy this opportunity on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Other photos show some kindergarten gardeners,
kindergarten and 4th grade learning buddies,
and a wonderful art project in Mrs. Macutukiewicz art classroom. That room is always bubbling with creative projects.
Reminder: MCAS SPRING TESTING SCHEDULE
(remaining dates—we’re almost done!)
Grade 5 (Science) May 15 and May 17
Other Important Upcoming Dates
- May 18: 12:20 Dismissal for Teacher Work Day
- May 23 and 24: Kindergarten Buddy Days (we welcome new kindergarten students for a visit!)
- May 24 at 6:30: Talent Show (Auditions on May 21 at 6:00).
- Flyers were sent home, but you can contact Lauren Fleit with questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 25 at 1:30: Memorial Day Celebration—Families and friends are welcome!
- June 8: Field Day
- June 9: Car Wash Fundraiser for Nature’s Classroom at Webber and Grinnell from 10-2. Come get your car cleaned for a great cause!
- June 19 at 1:30: 5th Grade Celebration
- June 20: Last Day of School with a 12:20 dismissal
I hope that all families feel welcome and comfortable at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal
“Walking Wednesdays” every Wednesday in May!
Call the school office if you need information.