Reminder: Tuesday (3/9) is a half day with a 12:20 dismissal/end to teacher directed learning.
I have received many calls and emails asking about whether or not we will be returning to school more fully this spring—and I really do not know at this point. I will certainly keep you updated as I hear anything. I know that it is very difficult to plan when the situation is up in the air. This pandemic has certainly forced us to be flexible!
• This week’s photos show hard-working recess water shovelers, 4th grade and kindergarten engineers, and first grade celebratory art work from the 100th day of school. We have such good times here at Ryan Road School!
2021- 2022 School Year
The 2021-2022 school calendar has been approved by the school committee. Here it is. Please note the change in school hours (in the lower left-hand corner) that were recently approved by the School Committee to allow for a later start for high school students.2021.2022.Calendar
• Looking for information about Kindergarten for the 2021-2022 School Year?
Also, I have had many questions about whether or not we are planning to have our kindergarten students in-person full time, and that is certainly our plan. We are all looking forward to a typical and spectacular start at Ryan Road School!
• And, information about the transition to JFK is also coming out.
Here is the caregiver letter from JFK. The letter includes information about our New Student/Caregiver Information Session Tuesday March 30th from 6:00-7:00pm
https://zoom.us/j/93026034701 Meeting ID: 930 2603 4701 Passcode: 054154
• The Northampton High School Football Team might be using our grounds for a bit after school starting at 3:30. I have let them know that we often have children playing on the playground after school and to not be swearing or speeding. Fingers crossed. Let me know if you have any concerns. They are very happy to be able to be playing again, and I wish them all the best.
Hybrid Information is here, if you need it.Information-Regarding-Hybrid-Learning
• If you have a Zoom issue during the day, the best thing to do is to call the office (587-1550) or email my Administrative Assistant, Vanessa Keillor. firstname.lastname@example.org
I would love to help, but I am often not at my computer, and I usually do not know how to help. Luckily, Vanessa is becoming a genius with this stuff!
• If you have a problem regarding your child’s chromebook, the plan going forward is listed here:
There are two options for caregivers, and if you need help with any of this, please call the school office (587-1550):
- Create a ticket for someone on IT to get back to you. The portal is at http://nps-support.northamptonit.info/support/tickets
- Schedule a drop off for replacement. You can schedule a time to come to James House (the IT office at 42 Gothic Street in Northampton). The appointments can get scheduled here, https://calendly.com/npschromebookrepair/chromebook-repair
Important Upcoming Dates:
• Tuesday, March 9: Half Day (12:20 dismissal) for Teacher Work Day
• Friday, March 19: Report Cards are sent home
• Saturday, March 20: Vernal Equinox—Welcome Spring!
• April 19-23: Spring Vacation
Stay up to date (under normal circumstances or not!) with all of our school activities on our School Website’s Calendar!
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal