Principal Madden’s Weekly Update—Week of March 18
Check out the photos from our Science Night! What a great evening!
The other photo this week shows the crowd assembling for our last movie night of this school year. We will start again when it is getting dark next November! They were certainly fun and well attended this year!
• March is Music in the Schools Month—School Concert: March 19 at 9:30
Our students are preparing for their participation in our annual concert. Each class meets once a week with our wonderful music teacher, Ms. O’Connell. Some of their learning will be showcased on March 19 at 9:30. Please join us if you are able.
• The PTO will also have Ryan Road Gives Day on the concert day to raise funds for an upgraded sound system in our gym/auditorium and a new school sign by the road. Please donate if you are able. Thank you!
The Read-a-thon was a huge success—quick totals from student sponsors were over $2,000! It’s good we have super readers and generous supporters!
Hooray for Spring!
We will continue our tradition of celebrating the beginning of each new season together as a school community. We will join together on March 20 to dance into the new season and enjoy “sugar on snow”, which is an old New England spring treat of maple syrup on snow. We will enjoy our syrup on shaved ice…yum! The Vernal Equinox marks one of two days in the Earth’s year when we have equal daylight and darkness. In the upcoming weeks we will all notice increasing minutes of daylight until we reach the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year with the most daylight on June 21.
• Our beloved Mrs. Tompkins, kindergarten paraprofessional in Mrs. Smiarowski’s class, will be retiring soon (March 21) to take care of her granddaughter. This is great news for her family, but not good news for us. She is an amazingly creative and dedicated member of our staff, and she will be dearly missed.
• This is a great resource for Autism support!
Important Upcoming Dates
• Tuesday, March 19: Spring Concert at 9:30
• Wednesday, March 20: Vernal Equinox
• Wednesday, March 20 6:30: PTO Meeting
• Tuesday, March 19 Ryan Road Gives Day (make a donation to the PTO!)
• Friday, March 22: Report Cards (for grades 1-5) sent home with students
• Thursday, March 28: Family Game Night! 6:00-7:00 .
- There will also be a Ladies Clothing and Norwex, which are all natural cleaning products) in the library during Family Game Night from 5-7pm.
MCAS Testing 2019 Dates
Grade 3 (ELA)
- April 3 & April 10
Grade 4 (ELA)
- April 2 & April 9
Grade 5 (ELA)
- April 4 & April 11
Grade 3 (Math)
- May 1 & May 8
Grade 4 (Math)
- April 30 & May 7
Grade 5 (Math)
- May 2 & May 9
Grade 5 (Science)
- May 14 and May 16
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal