I hope you are all doing O.K Things at school are going very well! It is really wonderful to have so many students back at school. I hope you are able to enjoy the upcoming vacation with your children.
This week’s photos show some outdoor fun in the snow at recess! Mr. Barnes created some fun pathways with the snow blower. Everyone had a grand time playing together in the snow. Breakfast outside has been going very well, too! A winter picnic is always fun. ☺
Information Regarding Hybrid Learning
(repeated in case you need it)
Thank you again for all your communication and patience during this process of remote and hybrid decisions and the transition to hybrid. What a challenge this has all been! We are looking forward to having many of your children at school in-person and to keep supporting the rest of the fabulous students remotely.
• All students and staff are required to wear face masks at school. It would be good to send an extra one in your child’s backpack, if you are able. We will have extra student masks available at school whenever needed. Face coverings must cover the nose, mouth, and chin. Bandanas and neck covering do not suffice.
• Here are the days that classes will be coming in-person.
Began the week of November 30 and will continue unless we have a pause:
Kindergarten Smiarowski will be here on Monday & Tuesday.
Kindergarten Egitto will be here on Thursday and Friday.
First Grade Ramsden will be here on Monday and Tuesday.
First Grade Pelis will be here on Thursday and Friday.
Began the week of December 14 and will continue unless we have a pause:
Second Grade Natale will be here on Monday & Tuesday
Second Grade Pefaur will be here on Thursday & Friday
Third Grade Duffy will be here on Monday & Tuesday
Third Grade Cleary will be here on Thursday & Friday
Began the week of November 25 and will continue unless we have a pause:
Fourth Grade Simmons will be here on Monday & Tuesday
Fourth Grade Desmond will be here on Thursday & Friday
Fifth Grade (both classes) will be here on Thursday & Friday
• School will start and end at the regular times (8:50-3:00). In-person students can arrive at school no earlier than 8:45. We will be outside until 9:20 and all students will be offered a free breakfast. There will be designated areas to sit and eat breakfast. In person students will not be marked tardy unless they arrive after 9:20. Remote students will have a morning meeting with their teacher from 8:50-9:20 on the days that the rest of the class is in-person. During this remote morning meeting, students will be reminded about their special for the day and will be provided with asynchronous learning activities for the day.
• Free breakfast and lunch will be provided to all students through June of 2021.
• We have a plan for inclement weather. Students will be in the library, cafeteria, or gym. Breakfast will still be available. Please bundle your students up for school. We will have some outdoor gear available here for students who need it. Any item that seems like a good fit for a student who needs it, we will keep that item at school (in a personal space) for the rest of the winter.
• We will have cones with a sign for the recess zone for certain grades as they arrive at school in the morning.
• Here are the lunch/recess times for in-person students (just as an FYI). And, please remember that free lunch is available to all students.
11:45-12:30 First Grade
12:30-1:15 Second Grade
12:00-12:45 Third Grade
11:10-11:55 Fourth Grade
12:10-12:55 Fifth Grade
• Attached is the Health Check List for every morning. It is designed for you to get into the habit of doing every morning at home. You do not need to submit the form. Thank you for your care and attention to this. We all have to be more careful than we usually are.UPDATED-Family_Student-Daily-Checklist-COVID-19-updated-.1.21.21-1
• For Dismissal (FYI sometimes students are already outside at dismissal time and will be out on the playground):
|Location for Pick Up|
|Central Front Door||Kindergarten||Parents will need to pick up out front (masked and socially distanced from one another)|
|Right Corner Front Door (by nurse’s office)||Grades 4 and 5||Parents can pick up (masked and socially distanced from one another)|
|Back Door (by custodial entrance) Have them walk down the path toward the swings. Parents can wait on blacktop.||Grade 3||Parents can pick up (masked and socially distanced from one another)|
|Left Front Door (by the cafeteria)||Grades 1||Parents can pick up (masked socially distanced from one another)|
|Side Corner Door (by the purple tent)||Grade 2||Parents can pick up (masked socially distanced from one another)|
Students will wash hands or use hand sanitizer before exiting the building.
If any caregivers are waiting for students, they can wait near the designated doors, but everyone must remain socially distanced and masked.
If caregivers are picking up children in more than one location, they should pick up their younger child first.
Please note: All students arriving after 9:20 AM should come to the front door. If they/you do not feel comfortable ringing the doorbell, please call the front office at 587-1550 and someone will come and let your child into the building.
If you need to pick up your child before dismissal at 3:00, please call the school office at 587-1550 and we will make arrangements.
We appreciate your patience as we try to ensure safety as students arrive and depart school.
• There will be no “snowdays” this year. Any weather that prohibits students from coming to school will switch all students to remote learning for the day.
Thank you, again, for being such wonderful caregivers! We are very lucky to be able to work with you and your children.
Please call or email if you have questions or concerns. Thank you!
• If you have a Zoom issue during the day, the best thing to do is to call the office (587-1550) or email my Administrative Assistant, Vanessa Keillor. firstname.lastname@example.org
I would love to help, but I am often not at my computer, and I usually do not know how to help. Luckily, Vanessa is becoming a genius with this stuff!
• If you have a problem regarding your child’s chromebook, the plan going forward is listed here:
There are two options for caregivers, and if you need help with any of this, please call the school office (587-1550):
- Create a ticket for someone on IT to get back to you. The portal is at http://nps-support.northamptonit.info/support/tickets
- Schedule a drop off for replacement. You can schedule a time to come to James House (the IT office at 42 Gothic Street in Northampton). The appointments can get scheduled here, https://calendly.com/npschromebookrepair/chromebook-repair
Important Upcoming Dates:
• February 16-19: Winter Vacation
• Wednesday, February 24: PTO Meeting at 6:30
• Tuesday, March 9: Half Day (12:20 dismissal) for Teacher Work Day
Stay up to date (under normal circumstances or not!) with all of our school activities on our School Website’s Calendar!
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.