Principal Madden’s Weekly Update—Week of February 4
The photos this week show loads of excitement!
Before the frigid conditions, we got outside for some really fun recess in the snow!
Our third graders are continuing with the building of Piper computers and were even using them on Friday! Wow!
Grow Food Northampton was here for more healthy cooking lessons.
Our kiln had its first firing! The photo shows the first creations inside our new and beautiful kiln.
And, our kindergarten students are getting ready for the 100th day of school. Can you believe that Wednesday, February 6 is our 100th day of school??!
Kindergarten classes will have a parade around the school with their special 100 collections at 2:00. In the photo, one of our fine students displays his 100 Fruit Loop Necklace (with 10 groups of 10!). Good enough to eat!
From Nurse Lisa:
Here is a link for a great resource for families. kidshealth.org
This site contains lots of information on many different topics and it also is in different languages. There are videos, articles, and games for learning. In addition, there are sections for parents, teens and kids. Good health to all!
Important Upcoming Dates
• Friday, February 8 at 6:00: Movie Night! Small Foot!
• Tuesday, February 12 at 5:30: Information/Project Boards for Science Night Questions? contact parent, Kate Lepore at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (413) 539-4159
• Wednesday, February 13: Student Leadership Team’s Craft and Breakfast Bake Sale at 8:30 AM. Come and get something fun or yummy! Proceeds go to a new Buddy Bench.
• February 18-22: February School Break
• February 27 at 6:30: PTO Meeting
• Tuesday, March 5: Kindergarten Registration at school 3:30-6:00
• Tuesday, March 12 at 6:30: Science Night
• Friday, March 15: Early Dismissal (12:20) for Teacher Work Day
• Tuesday, March 19: Spring Concert at 9:30
• Thursday, March 28: Family Game Night! 6:00-7:00
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal