The photos this week show a lot of engaging learning!
We had our 100th day of school on Wednesday, and our kindergarten students created vests with 100 items and had our traditional 100th Day of School Parade. Everyone loves to see the kindergarten students for this BIG event!
First graders enjoyed fun and creative activities, too. There is a photo of Mrs. Ramsden’s class with our mascot, The Hawk. The Hawk has been flying around the school during January and February to see all that is going on in classrooms. The Student Leadership Team will lead an All School Gathering on Friday when we will share this fun information. I’ll make sure to get it on our website, too!
5th graders have been programing “autobots” to mimic the rotation of the earth around the sun. I am fascinated by the ways our teachers are integrating technology into the curriculum.
The students in Ms. Desmond’s 4th grade were using certain materials and had to figure out how to make a bell ring without touching it. There were some very clever inventions!
Another photo shows our Title 1 Math Teacher, Mrs. Brady, working in class with some kindergarten students. We are so fortunate to have expert teachers to offer additional academic supports as early intervention here at school.
I also included a photo of an amazing mask created by a 5th grader in art class.
And, lastly, a photo of our fun movie night on Friday night! If you missed it, there is one more on March 8.
Important Upcoming Dates
• Tuesday, February 12 at 5:30: Information/Project Boards for Science Night
Questions? Contact parent, Kate Lepore at:
email@example.com or (413) 539-4159
• Wednesday, February 13: Student Leadership Team’s Craft and Breakfast Bake Sale
8:30 AM. Come and get something fun or yummy! Proceeds go to a new Buddy Bench.
• February 18-22: February School Break
• February 27 at 6:30: PTO Meeting
• Tuesday, March 5: Kindergarten Registration at school 3:30-6:00
• Tuesday, March 12 at 6:30: Science Night
• Friday, March 15: Early Dismissal (12:20) for Teacher Work Day
• Tuesday, March 19: Spring Concert at 9:30
• Thursday, March 28: Family Game Night! 6:00-7:00
I hope that all families feel welcome, comfortable, and valued at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal