I hope you were able to enjoy the school vacation with your child(ren). I know it can be a challenge for working parents. We’ll be happy to see everyone at school again.
Please donate to our Library!
Valley Gives (May 1!) and the Ryan Road Read-a-Thon (this week!)!!
The PTO sent informational flyers about these events before vacation, but if you need any information, call the school or contact Caroline Bertrand at firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Sidoti at email@example.com.
Check out our great video promotion!
On May 1, there will also be a “Dress as a Book Character” day at school in conjunction with this library fundraising effort. Anyone is invited to participate!
This week is the Week of the Young Child. We will have kindergarten artwork up in two locations as part of this celebration. Ms. Egitto’s class will have art displayed at the Freckled Fox, and Mrs. Smiarowski’s class will have art displayed at Northampton Cooperative Bank. I hope you get a chance to see the fabulous artwork.
Photos this week show our LOST and FOUND table! Please come and take a look. Next week, whatever is left will be donated to the bin out front.
Also, Ms. Pefaur’s class is doing some planting with Ms. Hope, our garden educator from School Sprouts! It’s exciting to get our garden going again—and the weather is really starting to feel like spring!
We raised $134.85 for the Shriner’s Hospital for Children on Crazy Hat and Hair day! Thank you to all who donated!
Reminder: MCAS SPRING TESTING SCHEDULE (remaining dates)
- Grade 3 (Math) – May 2 & May 9
- Grade 4 (Math) – May 4 & May 8
- Grade 5 (Math) – May 3 & May 10
- Grade 5 (Science) – May 15 and May 17
Other Important Upcoming Dates
- Monday, April 23: Earth Day pick up: Interested students can help pick up trash from our school property during recess.
- Walking Club begins this week on Tuesdays and Fridays during recess.
- Wednesday, April 25: PTO Meeting at 6:30
- May 1: Valley Gives!
- May 7-11: Staff Appreciation Week
- May 10: Spaghetti Supper at the Elks to support our trips to Nature’s Classroom. There will be continuous seating from 5:30-7:00. Come enjoy a yummy dinner for a great cause!
- May 18: 12:20 Dismissal for Teacher Work Day
- May 23 and 24: Kindergarten Buddy Days (we welcome new kindergarten students for a visit!)
- May 24 at 6:30: Talent Show
- May 25 at 1:30: Memorial Day Celebration—Families and friends are welcome!
- June 8: Field Day
- June 19 at 1:30: 5th Grade Celebration
- June 20: Last Day of School with a 12:20 dismissal
I hope that all families feel welcome and comfortable at our school. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Sarah Madden, Principal