More Principal’s Update…
I hope you are doing O.K. Please do not hesitate to call me at school or email me at any time during this break from school. I want to support you in any way I can.
Starting tomorrow morning (Tuesday) between 9:30 and 1:00, we will have work available for pick up for your child(ren). If you come to the door, I will hand the work out to you. We are really trying to limit anyone from having access to the building. If you are unable to pick up, please call, and we can arrange another time or have things delivered to your doorstep. If I do not hear from families, I will call to connect. Some grade levels may have reached out to you online, so there may not be materials to pick up.
We have a few chrome books available for students only if you do not have access to a device at home, and below is information to help support families connect during these school closures.
Check out the photos of the enrichment packets getting organized. We have such a committed team here at Ryan Road! A BIG thanks to teachers and staff!
Connectivity for students who don’t have it
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge
Also, Jarrett Krosoczka, parent and well-known illustrator/author, will be offering free online drawing lessons every day at 2:00.
And, we have included a letter from our CareTeam that may help support you during this very stressful time.CARE-Team-Covid-19-Letter
I’ll keep sending these messages if there is more news. I am so sorry for all the disruption this is causing for students and families.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to me.