Tis the season – for giving and for giving thanks. Special ways we at JSS show our gratitude are:
• Our “I AM THANKFUL FOR” annual newsletter – to be published on Friday, November 17 (no newsletter on Nov. 22). Students and staff contribute to the list of ways and people that we are grateful for – check it out! It’s wonderful.
• Collections – the 2nd grade is collecting toiletries (toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, soap, etc.) for the Northampton Survival Center, through December. They will deliver to the center by walking there.
• The Giving Tree – a large branch is put in the front hall outside the office, to be decorated with mittens, hats, scarves, gloves and canned goods around the tree – all to go to the Northampton Survival Center as well. If anyone has a large branch, we are looking for one to use this year!
• The JSS Emergency Fund – from time to time, families find themselves in difficult situations. Having funds to buy grocery cards is so helpful – please consider giving to the JSS PTO, putting “Emergency Fund” in the check memo line.
• Adopting a family for holiday gift-giving – some families come to us, struggling to obtain gifts for their children for the holidays. If you are interested in doing this, please email me when you have a chance. And families, if you anticipate needing gifts, please let me know so I can match you with another family who wants to help
• And our annual “GRATITUDE” assembly next Wednesday, November 15 at 10:15 AM in the gym. The 3rd graders will share their thoughts about this. We will begin with a Moving Meditation with Janet Aalfs and end with singing, led by Ms. O. Please join us if you can!