Please contact the Registrar to inquire about the enrollment process. Phone is preferred: Jennifer Towler, Registrar at (413) 587-1328 or email@example.com
Registration packets are returned to the Registration Office located in the School Department, 212 Main Street, 2nd Floor. Northampton (Not to NHS).
Registration Timeline: Early registration for current resident students: March 1- May 31st and ongoing for new resident families throughout the spring and summer
Click HERE to access the electronic Enrollment Form.
To use the forms packet: 1) DOWNLOAD the File 2) Then open and fill in 3) Then SAVE AS and rename to your students name.
Los formularios en español están disponibles enviando un correo electrónico al registrador
- Certified Copy of student’s Birth Certificate (this is the official copy from the City Clerk’s Office not the hospital record)
- Physical Exam Summary with Immunizations from the last check-up (within the past 18 months)
- Photo ID of Parent(s)/Legal Guardians
- Proof of residency: 1st page of lease showing address and occupants, section 8 agreement, or deed/recent mortgage statement/property tax card (http://northampton.ias-clt.com/parcel.list.php)
- Proof of occupancy: recent utility bill for gas, heating oil, electric, home phone, cable, or trash. If your lease includes utilities, please provide your car registration or insurance, or the top portion of a bank or credit card statement showing your name/address.
- If applicable: Records: 504 Plans and/or Individual Education Plans (IEP’s)
- If applicable: any court documents such as parents’ custody agreement, legal guardianship, DCF Care, Legal name change, etc.
- Grade Specific Completed Course Selection Form
If you are unable to acquire any of these items due to your circumstances, please contact the Registrar for additional support and assistance.
8th Grade Caregivers’ Night
January 31, 2023 / 6:30 – 8:00pm / NHS Auditorium
Parents of incoming 8th graders are invited to join Principal Werhli and representatives from the Academic and School Counseling Departments for an information session that will provide an overview of Northampton High School and the registration process.
Visiting Days for New Students and Families
NHS Visiting Days for students and families are scheduled throughout March, April, May, and June and these will provide an in depth discussion on transitioning to Northampton High School and the course selection process. We will be offering two virtual options this year – April 25th and June 1st.
March 28th ♦ April 12th ♦ April 25th ♦ May 10th ♦ May 23rd ♦ June 1st
Sessions begin at 3:00pm
- IN PERSON GROUP TOURS WILL BEGIN IN FRONT OF THE MAIN OFFICE AT 3:00PM.
- THE TOUR WILL INCLUDE AN INFORMATIONAL SESSION WITH A SCHOOL COUNSELOR AND THEN A GUIDED TOUR LED BY STUDENTS.
- PRIVATE TOURS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT OTHER TIMES.
For the virtual sessions: NHS Guidance will send a Zoom link on the Monday prior to the session you request.
For in-person sessions: The bus loop and areas immediately next to the school are tow zones. Visitor parking is located in the lot down and to the right of the flagpole.
- Please submit this SESSION INTEREST FORM to let us know which session you’ll be attending
- We are unable to accommodate requests to shadow or visit during the school day.
- You can find a video tour of NHS HERE.
- Our program of study and school profile is available on the Northampton Public Schools website at http://www.northamptonschools.org/project/nhs-guidance/
School Choice Program: Students living in other school districts may apply to attend Northampton Public Schools.